Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crayola Catastrophe

Good Morning America

First and foremost, my thoughts and unconditional love is poured out to the 2,977 heroes and thier families, we lost 11 years ago. My heart aches today for these brave souls. Today we are ALL brothers and sisters. May we never forget.

My blog today is basically going to be a rant. Brace yourselves for this one!

My 12 year old son, attends an academy for junior high.  He maintains a 4.0 GPA (grade point average).  At our academy, you are able to view "Power School". Which is a site, that you can view your childs grades in all subjects and classes.

Our son comes home yesterday with a "Contract" from his English teacher, I will call her Mrs. WELCH grape juice. Contact states that Zachary is FAILING his 4th period English Class, because his class notes ARE NOT WRITTEN IN CRAYONS and TRACED IN COLORED PENCILS. Typed from Mrs. Grape Juice "I will do the following to improve my grade", and she made Zachary write "I will write all my notes in crayon". Want to talk about seeing RED! Jeremy and I were like "WHAT IS THIS"! Our son told us that she is failing him because he doesn't write his assignments and class notes in crayon! Is this not obseured?  So off to my computer I go.  I email the teacher a nice little note.
Hello Mrs. Welch,(GRAPE JUICE)
 We are Jeremy and Amanda, Zachary's parents. We have a few concerns as to why you are failing our son in your ELA class. He is maintaing all A's in his classes except for yours.  He had explained to me and his Father, that he is recieving a failing grade over his notes not being colored? We were not aware this was kindergarten. If this comes off a tad harsh, WE DO NOT apologize, but our son has NEVER recieved an F in school, needless to say in the 4th week, let alone in the 7th grade, over a colored notebook. We do not have his notebook here at home, to see and somehow understand why its so important to color notes in junior high.  Is it possible that you have it? If so, please contact us as soon as possible.  This matter needs to be cleared up by tomorrow,  as my husband and I are quite upset.
You may reach me at this email address, or please feel free to contact me at (***) ***-***
Thank you kindly,
Amanda and Jeremy Martin
First of all, my husband and I are very supportive parents at all aspects of our son. You can imagine to our dismay how shocked we were at this! Immediatly, I called my sister.  She was in shock also!  She suggested I write a letter to the teacher in CRAYON.  THATS WHAT I DID! This is the email I get back from the Crayola Queen.
Mrs. Martin,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Zachary's progress in my class this year.  I am so glad we have the Powerschools program so that parents like you and teachers can always keep tabs on students' grades.  Zachary should have his notebook with him at this time so that YOU can discuss with him the reasons for his low grade  I do require the students to color their notes; however, that is only 1out of 10 points for every assignment.  I require the students to trace over their notes with color because it is a way for me to be sure that they are reviewing the notes they take in class each day. They are also required to summarize the notes they take every day, which is a very important junior high skill.  As you review Zachary's notebook, you will also notice that Zachary did well on the first quiz that he took, and that his second notebook grade was much better.  Zachary knows that he can fix any of the assignments in his notebook, and turn them in for a better grade.  I have confidence that he will continue to improve throughout the grading period.  Since I did not get to meet you at back to school night, I am especially looking forward to meeting YOU at our upcoming parent-teacher conferences.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. "
NUMBER ONE! Zachary has NO ASSIGNMENTS THAT REQUIRE COLORING NOTES IN CRAYON! I'd like to know why as a teacher, parents or her students werent notified that the new 7th grade is KINDERGARTEN! Here's the email I sent back!

No comments:

Post a Comment