Monday, September 10, 2012

Tragedy turns to Triumph

Good Afternoon my lovelies,
 
     I had attempted to start this early this morning, but too much tragedy struck our community and I had to take a moment and reflect on this, and seen how it tied into the original idea I had for today's blog.

It's the eve of 9/11. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. That morning was just our typical day.  The aroma of coffee filled my kitchen. Zachary who had just turned 1yr old, was soundly sleeping in his crib, recovering from the usual summer cold. Jeremy had already left for work. I was in my kitchen, when our telephone rang, it was my Mother. "Amanda, are you awake? You need to turn on ABC7 right now." "Why Mom, what's wrong?" "The World Trade Center was hit by a plane!" I was stunned.  The World Trade Center? I remember years prior, a small plane had hit it, so I'm thinking history was repeating itself.  I grabbed our remote, and to my horror, I see the tower on fire, and within seconds, I see the second plane strike. I stood their motionless, stunned and moritifed to see what was happening to our Great Nation. My Mom was still on the phone crying, and no words were spoken between us. The silence was of doom, death, tragedy.  Minutes passed as I was fixated to my television screen. Who did this? Why us? Next thing, plane hits the Pentagon. This is unreal! BOOM! Towers collapse. My heart broke.

The world wasn't the same after this. For days, my family and I were glued to the TV's, watching all this unveil. How could of we lost all our brothers and sisters in a senseless and tragic event like this? Every heart in the world was aching for our Country and to those brave souls we lost that very unfateful day. I personally have never fully recovered from it, and I don't know if I ever will. I have studied the attacks, watched every video you can find online, read every book that has been published, trying to see a way to triumph over this great loss.  Every year that passes, I think of those names etched on the tip of a pen. My heart is deeply saddened.

Within months, America began to rebuild  Lower Manhattan. We came together as a united front and took control of what is ours.  We turned "Tragedy into Triumph", standing our ground, vowing that NOBODY will attack American Soil again! For those we loved, perrished that awful day, but because of them, we chose to flourish and make heal the scars that were intentionally left upon us, and keeping their legacies alive.

Today, another senseless attack happened. A pedestrian crossing the street was hit by a car, and was killed immediatly.  TRAGIC! Everywhere around us, tragedy is striking.  How can we stop this? How can we try and ease someones suffering, or possibly prevent something bad? Is that even possible?

Maybe it is, maybe it's not.  All that matters is where we can reach.  And here at Arc Angel Foundation and "Charity from the heart", we strive to provide what is needed to as many people as we can. Whether its needing a friend, food, clothing, shelter.  We are working hard each and every day to make this happen.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help. If your having a personal tragedy, we are here to turn it into triumph. There's no shame in needing assistance. Your information will be kept confidental.  Please feel free to contact me @tweetsiecakes on Twitter, warriorchick32@yahoo.com, or Maurice McClinton @romeo_gambino on Twitter.  We value each and everyone, no one will be turned away.

Follow our upcoming and exciting new business ventures.  I promise I will keep you all updated each leaf we turn over.
Until tomorrow!
Love and more Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment